The Trailblazer Fitness Center (TFC) is located the Campus Center on the ground floor, and can be accessed from the Montana Street cement staircase. This facility is open to current students, faculty, and staff only during the hours listed below. Due to COVID-19 guidelines we have made significant adjustments to past practices in the fitness center for the safety of our campus community and appreciate your understanding and willingness to contribute to the safest possible environment. The TFC will adhere to CDC, Massachusetts Standards for Responsible Fitness Centers and Health Clubs in Massachusetts, and all College guidelines.
The Trailblazer Fitness Center will be managed by athletic staff members with student support. The athletic staff will be present at all times while we are getting the facility up and running and training our student workers to supervise the facility. All TFC staff have been trained to maintain the required guidelines and safety protocols. We thank everyone for your patience as we navigate these new procedures together.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 10:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 10:00pm
Below are the operating guidelines for the fitness center
- All users must complete the NEW Fitness Center Waiver via dynamic forms before using the facility.
- Users will scan in with their MCLA ID card when entering the facility and scan out again when leaving to maintain an accurate record for contact tracing.
- Due to the limited amount of users that can be in the TFC at a time you are encouraged to sign up for a workout appointment which can be made through Microsoft Bookings (this can also be accessed through your email apps). This will ensure that you can access the space.
- Users waiting to enter the facility will practice social distancing by standing on the 6-foot designated floor markers.
- Workouts appointments will start on the hour and last 45 minutes
- A very limited number of walk in spaces will be available, but you will also need to follow the hourly start times and 45 minute duration parameters.
- Users may access only one piece of equipment at a time; circuit training or super sets with multiple pieces of equipment is not permitted
- Spotters are not allowed due to the need for social distancing
Each time you scan into the Trailblazer Fitness Center, you agree to the following:
- I confirm I do not have any COVID-19 symptoms and have not been knowingly exposed to COVID-19.
- If the above status changes, I agree not to visit the facility until symptoms are gone or I have been tested negative for COVID-19
- I agree to wear a face covering/mask, keep a minimum of 6 feet between myself and other users while in the Fitness Center or on the track, and to adhere to any other proactive measures of safety implemented by the College
- I agree to disinfect all equipment before and after use.
- I agree not to use or enter closed off areas or equipment.
Safety & Hygiene
- All users and workers are required to wear a mask/face covering
- Paper towels, wipes, cleaner, and hand sanitizer will be provided
- Users are expected to clean machines after use.
- The facility will be deep cleaned daily by Facilities and throughout the day by fitness center staff
- Users should practice social distancing and always remain at least 6 feet from other users.
- After using dumbbells, free weights, and bars, users will bring items to the disinfectant table where a staff member will disinfect and return
- Fitness Center: 30 (this includes staff and users)
- Track: 10
- The use of equipment is limited to ensure social distancing. For example, only 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, or 3 racks may be used at one time.
- Work out zones have been carved out to create additional spaces
- The track is accessed on the first floor of the Campus Center, in the hallway where you exit the Centennial Room at the opposite end.
- When entering the track, users will scan the QR code to log in, and scan at the exit QR code upon exiting.
- Locker rooms are open for bathroom use and handwashing only and may not be used to change into or out of workout clothes
- Users are encouraged to come dressed ready to work out; there will not be anywhere to store personal belongings
- Water fountains have been adjusted to filling only stations
We are excited to have members of our MCLA community use our amazing new facility! If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to Deb Raber, Coordinator of the Fitness Center, at Deborah.Raber@mcla.edu