Men's Tennis dropped by Johnson State 7-2
Pittsfield, MA- The MCLA Men's Tennis team fell to visiting Johnson State 7-2 this afternoon. The match was moved indoors to Pittsfield's Berkshire West facility. With the loss, the Trailblazers are now 3-5 on the season while Johnson improves to 9-7 overall.
MCLA's Joseph Whitehouse and Amory Galili earned the lone points for the Trailblazers. Whitehouse was victorious in the number three singles slot defeating Kyle Young 6-4, 6-3.
Galili won in the fifth singles slot defeating Peter LeBlanc in straight sets. Trailblazer Taylor Krowitz gave a valliant effort in the second slot before falling in a tiebreaker to Alen Turan 6-1, 2-6, 10-4.
The Trailblazers were swept in the doubles matches as the top duo of Daniel Nesti and Krowitz fell 8-4 to Chance Swafford and James Dempsey.
MCLA will take on Lyndon State on Tuesday before wrapping up their spring season on Wednesday at home against Springfield College.
1) Chance Swafford (JSC) def. Daniel Nesti (MCLA) 6-2, 6-0
2) Alen Turan (JSC) def. Taylor Krowitz (MCLA) 6-2, 2-6, 10-4
3) Joseph Whitehouse (MCLA) def. Kyle Young (JSC) 6-4, 6-3
4) James Dempsey (JSC) def. Mitchell Mabardy (MCLA) 6-1, 6-3
5) Amory Galili (MCLA) def. Peter LeBlanc (JSC) 6-4, 6-4
6) Brian Hickey (JSC) def. Brendan Peltier (MCLA) 6-1, 6-1
1) Swafford/Dempsey (JSC) def. Nesti/Krowitz (MCLA) 8-4
2) Turan/Young (JSC) def. Whitehouse/Galili (MCLA) 8-2
3) LeBlanc/Hickey (JSC) def. Mabardy/Richard Larocque (MCLA) 8-3
Johnson State defeats MCLA 7-2
Johnson moves to 9-7, MCLA falls to 3-5