MCLA Tennis Falls to 0-2 on Season
The Springfield College men's tennis team defeated MCLA this afternoon under pleasant skies, 9-0, at SC's Appleton Courts. It was the last men's tennis match of the semester, leaving SC with a 3-2 overall record
MCLA falls to 0-2.
The Pride won every singles match by 6-0, 6-0 scores. MCLA, a first-year program, managed to take one game at No. 3 doubles.
Springfield will resume its play in the spring -- on Tuesday, March 27 at Rhode Island College.
Final Score -- Springfield 9, MCLA 0
1) Doug Nickerson/Zach O'Leary (SC) def. Taylor Krowitz/Jhon Hollows (MCLA), 8-0
2) Ben Burnap/Kyle Mersereau (SC) def. Armory Galili/Ray Yalle (MCLA), 8-0
3) Cody Rodrigues/Sean Seifert (SC) def. Mitchell Mabardy/Richard Larocque (MCLA), 8-1
1) Mersereau (SC) def. Krowitz (MCLA), 6-0, 6-0
2) O'Leary (SC) def. Galili (MCLA), 6-0, 6-0
3) Burnap (SC) def. Hollows (MCLA), 6-0, 6-0
4) Joe Giannelli (SC) def. Mabardy (MCLA), 6-0, 6-0
5) Nickerson (SC) def. Yalle (MCLA), 6-0, 6-0
6) Zac Goldstein (SC) def. Larocque (MCLA), 6-0, 6-0