Courtesy of Lesley Sports Information
SAUGUS, MA—The host Lynx women's tennis team battled to a close 5-4 victory over the MCLA Trailblazers in a conference match Saturday afternoon. The win advances Lesley to 5-3 and 4-0 in conference on the season, while the Trailblazers fall to 2-4 and 2-2 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- The Trailblazers came out strong, taking a 2-0 lead over the first doubles of the afternoon. Mary Pulling and Annie Dai were able to earn an 8-7 win in doubles #3 to prevent the Lynx from being swept. The MCLA duo of Briana Higgins and Mackenna Jordan earned the point in the top doubles matchup, while Jessica Dupont and Alyssa Keegan collected the other point in doubles.
- The Lynx bounced back in singles, with Joselyn Martinez earning a sweep in singles #6 by a score of 6-0, 6-0.
- Summer Lamprey was a point off of a sweep of her own, winning singles #5 by a score of 6-1, 6-0.
- Lesley also got a strong performance from Maddie Abbott, who won singles #1 6-2, 6-1 against MCLA's Jessia DuPont.
- With Lesley up 4-3, Grace Jovanovich pulled off a close victory against MCLA's Mackenna Jordan at a 7-5, 6-2 score.
- The Lynx were able to survive the strong doubles showing by finding singles success and taking the close match 5-4.
MCLA is back in action on Wednesday when they host NVU-Lyndon in NAC action.